A supplement to the workshop held at Liberation Chiropractic Â in July, 2015. You can view the workshop in it’s entirety on Dr. Mike Bucknell’s Youtube Channel
In this workshop Dr. Mike Bucknell will transform the way you see stress. You will see it in a way you’ve never done before. We are in a culture where stress is to be “managed”. Is this really the best way? Shift the way you think, change your paradigm, and live a life of ultimate gratitude and therefore abundance once you learn the secrets here.
What you havenâ€™t considered about one of the biggest contributors to early deathÂ Socially Acceptable Suicide.
- Chronic stress is linked to the six leading causes of death: Â Heart Disease, Cancer, Lung Disease, Accidents, Liver Cirrhosis, and Suicide.â€¨ Â – American Psychological Association
- More than 75% of all physician office visits are for stress-related ailments and complaints.
- Chronic stress can stunt brain performance, suppress thyroid function, cause blood sugar imbalance, cause musculoskeletal disruption (subluxation), raise blood pressure, suppress immune function, reduce healing capacity, hinder sleep, increase fat deposits, etcâ€¦
Do you really want to live with stress, being only managed ?
A World Without Stress
Would a world without stress be somewhere you would like to live?
- There would be no Fireâ€¦.but there would also be no warmth.
- There would be no Hurricanesâ€¦.but there would also be no Rain.
- There would be no Hardshipâ€¦.but there would also be no Achievement.
- There would be no Sadnessâ€¦.but there would also be no Joy.
- There would be no Laborâ€¦.but there would be no babies.
â€œThe path of least resistance makes men, like rivers, crooked.â€ Â – BJ Palmer
What then is Stress?
- a state of mental tension and worry caused by problems in your life, work, etc.
- something that causes strong feelings of worry or anxiety.
- physical force or pressure.
– Merriam Webster Dictionary
If we are to change public perception of stress we need to update the definition:
- a state of mental or physical tension caused by natural resistance in which both positive and negative consequences can arise.
Why do we Stress?
Stress is a response driven by hormones simply referred to as â€œFight or Flightâ€.
- Your senses drive signals to the Amygdala (part of the brainâ€™s limbic system processing memory, decision-making, and emotional reaction.
- When danger is perceived it sends signal to the hypothalamus which drives bodily response by way of the autonomic nervous system.
- You re-experience a learned behaviour. Â (what happens when a new experience occurs?)
What are the most common factors of stress?
We have many variables that influence our lives. We want to give you a way to think of theses stressors in positive light so you can Stress Less.
The reason stress is so common in relationships is because itâ€™s a necessary cross section of multiple individuals. Â Handling yourself is one thing, handling another plus your response to them is a triple load.
StressLess response:Â Communication is the key. Â When relationships fail itâ€™s because dialogue is selfish (love) or simply ends too soon (commitment).
Death or other Loss:
We are trained to see death and loss as â€œthe endâ€. Â But we should learn to see it as transition. Â The bible says â€œHonor your mother and fatherâ€ which we read as being polite but honor is something you can bring to someone even after they are gone. Â With every loss including death there is opportunity.
StressLess response:Â Grieve and mourn as needed because it relieves the natural responses. Â Once ration returns look for ways to grow and show gratitude.
For â€œmostâ€ people this is a matter of production versus consumption.
StressLess response:Â This is actually one of the easiest to balance when engaged, but one of the most resisted. Â The key is getting away from Lizard Brain emotion, so having a third party without emotional attachment or opportunity for personal gain make decisions for you can help tremendously.
A lot of people hate their jobs. Â They hate their jobs because they donâ€™t like what they do. Â They have to do it because they have to pay their bills. Â Orâ€¦they just donâ€™t like to work and would rather be lazy.
StressLess response:Â Change your perception of work. Â Read â€œManâ€™s Search for Meaningâ€ if you donâ€™t like work. Â If you work to pay bills this really isnâ€™t your problem.
Most common causes of fatigue are sleep habits and body chemistry.
You will handle stress better when you feel better. Â Eat better. Â Get adjusted. Â Get disrupting chemicals out of your system. Â Exercise. Â Sleep better.
Like death, these are unavoidable, however â€œrealâ€ trauma is usually scattered and scarce.
StressLess response:Â Is it really trauma? Â Rebalance your sense of trauma. Â Then like death it may require grieving, talking, etc.
â€œItâ€™s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. Â Thatâ€™s how winning is done!â€â€¨ – Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa
Fear and Uncertainty:
Most people are paralyzed by fear and uncertainty. Â But isnâ€™t it funny that others turn this into a motivation to do the impossible? Â Uncertainty just like certainty is a fundamental human need to be embraced not in fear of.
StressLess response:Â Iâ€™m not saying risk your life. Â But without risk there is little chance for reward. Â So the art is a strategically leveraging risk to push reward.
Everybody else has expectations yes, but those expectations are selfishly motivated.
StressLess response:Â Who sold you on your self expectations? Â Are they reasonable? Â Are they rational? Â Are they productive and constructive? Â Write them down and evaluate, then (simply) move towards fulfilling or surpassing the ones that lead you to a better life.
Home sweet home. Â We love it because itâ€™s the place that â€œdoesnâ€™t changeâ€ in a changing world. Â Itâ€™s where the ideas of trust and commitment lie. Â When we are stressed by change itâ€™s because we fail to have trust often because we canâ€™t see where itâ€™s going.
StressLess response:Â I remember learning that the word picture for faith is rowing backwards in a rowboat. Â You canâ€™t see where you are going but you stepped out with a vision of the horizon when you started and you can look behind you and confirm you are moving in the right direction.
Attitudes and Perceptions:
This is probably the most important of all the above because where one person sees stress another sees the same thing as opportunity or even blessing?
StressLess response:Â Only you can choose how you perceive your existence, but you absolutely without question control it. Live a life of gratitude. Â This leads to character. Â Consistency brings integrity. Â Integrity brings selflessness. Â Selflessness promotes LOVE.
With this new outlook on stress you can begin to re-evaluate and physically change how it affects your body. Â Your brain truly is POWERFUL.
STRENGTH, CHARACTER, INTEGRITY, HONESTY, RESILIENCE, SKILL, COMPETENCY, LOVE, ROMANCE, JOY, FUN, GRATITUDE, COURAGE, FRIENDSHIP, RELATIONSHIP, KNOWLEDGE, ACCOMPLISHMENT, VALUE, LIFE ITSELF!
Now thatâ€™s a new look on Stress isnâ€™t it?
Do you have any way that you handle stress that you would like to share, please leave a comment below.
- Ready for some change? - December 28, 2023
- Good health more affordable than ever - May 16, 2023
- How bad will 2023 get? - January 25, 2023
- WELCOME HOME! - September 12, 2022
- Superficial Determination - February 14, 2022
- UK announces END of COVID measures - January 20, 2022
- Analyzing Recent COVID Data - December 19, 2021
- Update to employees in Alabama! - November 5, 2021
- Getting pressure at work for the COVID Vaccine? - November 3, 2021
- Vaccine Turbulence - August 30, 2021