A supplement to the workshop held at Liberation Chiropractic in July, 2015. You can view the workshop in it’s entirety on Dr. Mike Bucknell’s Youtube Channel
In this workshop Dr. Mike Bucknell will transform the way you see stress. You will see it in a way you’ve never done before. We are in a culture where stress is to be “managed”. Is this really the best way? Shift the way you think, change your paradigm, and live a life of ultimate gratitude and therefore abundance once you learn the secrets here.
What you haven’t considered about one of the biggest contributors to early death Socially Acceptable Suicide.
- Chronic stress is linked to the six leading causes of death: Heart Disease, Cancer, Lung Disease, Accidents, Liver Cirrhosis, and Suicide. – American Psychological Association
- More than 75% of all physician office visits are for stress-related ailments and complaints.
- Chronic stress can stunt brain performance, suppress thyroid function, cause blood sugar imbalance, cause musculoskeletal disruption (subluxation), raise blood pressure, suppress immune function, reduce healing capacity, hinder sleep, increase fat deposits, etc…
Do you really want to live with stress, being only managed ?
A World Without Stress
Would a world without stress be somewhere you would like to live?
- There would be no Fire….but there would also be no warmth.
- There would be no Hurricanes….but there would also be no Rain.
- There would be no Hardship….but there would also be no Achievement.
- There would be no Sadness….but there would also be no Joy.
- There would be no Labor….but there would be no babies.
“The path of least resistance makes men, like rivers, crooked.” – BJ Palmer
What then is Stress?
- a state of mental tension and worry caused by problems in your life, work, etc.
- something that causes strong feelings of worry or anxiety.
- physical force or pressure.
– Merriam Webster Dictionary
If we are to change public perception of stress we need to update the definition:
- a state of mental or physical tension caused by natural resistance in which both positive and negative consequences can arise.
Why do we Stress?
Stress is a response driven by hormones simply referred to as “Fight or Flight”.
- Your senses drive signals to the Amygdala (part of the brain’s limbic system processing memory, decision-making, and emotional reaction.
- When danger is perceived it sends signal to the hypothalamus which drives bodily response by way of the autonomic nervous system.
- You re-experience a learned behaviour. (what happens when a new experience occurs?)
What are the most common factors of stress?
We have many variables that influence our lives. We want to give you a way to think of theses stressors in positive light so you can Stress Less.
The reason stress is so common in relationships is because it’s a necessary cross section of multiple individuals. Handling yourself is one thing, handling another plus your response to them is a triple load.
StressLess response: Communication is the key. When relationships fail it’s because dialogue is selfish (love) or simply ends too soon (commitment).
Death or other Loss:
We are trained to see death and loss as “the end”. But we should learn to see it as transition. The bible says “Honor your mother and father” which we read as being polite but honor is something you can bring to someone even after they are gone. With every loss including death there is opportunity.
StressLess response: Grieve and mourn as needed because it relieves the natural responses. Once ration returns look for ways to grow and show gratitude.
For “most” people this is a matter of production versus consumption.
StressLess response: This is actually one of the easiest to balance when engaged, but one of the most resisted. The key is getting away from Lizard Brain emotion, so having a third party without emotional attachment or opportunity for personal gain make decisions for you can help tremendously.
A lot of people hate their jobs. They hate their jobs because they don’t like what they do. They have to do it because they have to pay their bills. Or…they just don’t like to work and would rather be lazy.
StressLess response: Change your perception of work. Read “Man’s Search for Meaning” if you don’t like work. If you work to pay bills this really isn’t your problem.
Most common causes of fatigue are sleep habits and body chemistry.
You will handle stress better when you feel better. Eat better. Get adjusted. Get disrupting chemicals out of your system. Exercise. Sleep better.
Like death, these are unavoidable, however “real” trauma is usually scattered and scarce.
StressLess response: Is it really trauma? Rebalance your sense of trauma. Then like death it may require grieving, talking, etc.
“It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” – Sylvester Stallone as Rocky Balboa
Fear and Uncertainty:
Most people are paralyzed by fear and uncertainty. But isn’t it funny that others turn this into a motivation to do the impossible? Uncertainty just like certainty is a fundamental human need to be embraced not in fear of.
StressLess response: I’m not saying risk your life. But without risk there is little chance for reward. So the art is a strategically leveraging risk to push reward.
Everybody else has expectations yes, but those expectations are selfishly motivated.
StressLess response: Who sold you on your self expectations? Are they reasonable? Are they rational? Are they productive and constructive? Write them down and evaluate, then (simply) move towards fulfilling or surpassing the ones that lead you to a better life.
Home sweet home. We love it because it’s the place that “doesn’t change” in a changing world. It’s where the ideas of trust and commitment lie. When we are stressed by change it’s because we fail to have trust often because we can’t see where it’s going.
StressLess response: I remember learning that the word picture for faith is rowing backwards in a rowboat. You can’t see where you are going but you stepped out with a vision of the horizon when you started and you can look behind you and confirm you are moving in the right direction.
Attitudes and Perceptions:
This is probably the most important of all the above because where one person sees stress another sees the same thing as opportunity or even blessing?
StressLess response: Only you can choose how you perceive your existence, but you absolutely without question control it. Live a life of gratitude. This leads to character. Consistency brings integrity. Integrity brings selflessness. Selflessness promotes LOVE.
With this new outlook on stress you can begin to re-evaluate and physically change how it affects your body. Your brain truly is POWERFUL.
STRENGTH, CHARACTER, INTEGRITY, HONESTY, RESILIENCE, SKILL, COMPETENCY, LOVE, ROMANCE, JOY, FUN, GRATITUDE, COURAGE, FRIENDSHIP, RELATIONSHIP, KNOWLEDGE, ACCOMPLISHMENT, VALUE, LIFE ITSELF!
Now that’s a new look on Stress isn’t it?
Do you have any way that you handle stress that you would like to share, please leave a comment below.
- Lots of Exciting News - August 18, 2020
- CHIROPRACTIC HISTORY: The AMA Agenda to Destroy the Competition - August 5, 2020
- Should You Be Worried About COVID-19? - March 13, 2020
- CANCER CENSORED PART II: Treatment Alternatives - February 17, 2020
- CANCER CENSORED PART I: Options for Cancer Treatment - January 6, 2020
- Important 2020 Updates - November 18, 2019
- The Keto Diet Explained: Part 2 - November 13, 2019
- The Keto Diet Explained: Part I - November 13, 2019
- Let’s “Prevent” the Flu this year - September 27, 2019
- Are you ready to give up your rights? - June 14, 2019